Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
After a specific hormone therapy to promote the development of several follicles, the sperm sample from the partner or the donor, (previously prepared in the lab) is introduced at the time of ovulation directly inside the uterus with a soft catheter to facilitate fertilisation.
PARTNER’S SPERM SAMPLE
- Minor or moderate sperm quality alterations
- Cervix alterations.
- Infertility due to unknown causes.
- Severe sperm quality alterations.
- Azoospermia (ausencia completa de espermatozoides)
- High risk of transmission of genetic or chromosomal alterations to the descendants, that cannot be avoided by diagnosis and embryo selection.
- Single women and lesbian couples.
In IMER we have our own Sperm Bank, which greatly facilitates the realization of this type of treatment. All our donors undergo an exhaustive series of medical, genetic and psychological tests before being accepted to donate. The donation of gametes in Spain is regulated by Royal Decree-Law 9/2014, of 4 July.